Last Updated:

1. Astrodan

Astrodan New Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 26, 2010
    Hello! Great forum. I have so many questions that I will try to make it less painful for anyone willing to help.

I am in the U.S. Army and bought a Verizon HTC Incredible. Three months later I get stationed to Germany where Verizon is not available. I am at a remote base in Mannheim and cannot just go to a dealer and ask whenever I want. :) Germans are very friendly but few (mobile dealers) speak English so I do not clearly know what I'm getting - I was actually paying 20 Euros a day for internet before someone set me straight!

I realize it's tedious trying to help someone with so many requests, but I need a phone quick to handle my affairs back in the states and more confusing asking the people here, both Americans and Germans. If anyone can just say "yes" or provide an option to the corresponding number, that would help tremendously!

1) HTC Desire to replace the Incredible (which I loved)?
    2) Most reputable carrier (O2, Orange, T-Mobile, Vodaphone, etc)?
    3) Best carrier contract for unlimited internet?
    4) I would like to use PdaNet to tether my MacBook. Will the Desire's Android OS provide this here?

I appreciate any help and will continue to search the forum in the meantime. Thanks!

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Great first post, Astrodan. Welcome to Android Forums, and thank you for your military service.

I'm sure you'll find help with those requests you made, and you've posted them in the right area; we see many members here from different parts of the world, I'm sure somebody will chime in right away. [​IMG]