• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello!

Doyena

Lurker
Jan 7, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I found this site when trying to get my LG Esteem over to 3g. I spent hours with the LGNPST fun etc but all in all I wazs able to get back to ZVB and get the PRL changed. Course 3g only shows up in evdo mode and I'm still trying to get around that.... :eek: Anyhoo I decided that if I wasn't in over my noob head enough I should go ahead and root the phone. So here I am rooted and lost :thinking: but excited :Dto learn! Thanks for all your help thus far! ;)

Welcome! Android Forum is a friendly place for discussion, learning and help. We love to welcome new members who want to be a part of this community.
It's nice to have you aboard....Make sure to click Android- Phones - Or click Android-Tablets. From there scroll down to your device model - You can then join your device's area of discussion - where other users will give you help on getting the most out of your device.
There are lots of Help, Hints, Tips & Tricks

Upvote 0
Hi Doyena, welcome to Android forums!

If I understand your goal correctly it is not possible to have 3G without EVDO as that is 3G. Otherwise sounds like you are heading in the right direction already. Your next step would be a custom ROM now that you are rooted unless you are happy with the stock ROM.

Good luck and happy hunting, there are many choices available for you now!

Upvote 0
Hi Doyena, welcome to Android forums!

If I understand your goal correctly it is not possible to have 3G without EVDO as that is 3G. Otherwise sounds like you are heading in the right direction already. Your next step would be a custom ROM now that you are rooted unless you are happy with the stock ROM.

Good luck and happy hunting, there are many choices available for you now!

Opps what i meant was 3g only works in the evdo only mode that lte onoff lets meswitch to but without the cdma I have no talking capabilities. I don't quite 100% understand the whole ROM thing and have been looking into it... I know I want to make the cpu speed quicker but I am so new to all this :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones