• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello :)

I just bought my first Android phone so at the moment I'm confused at a lot of things. I've been using open source software (Ubuntu) for a few years and I'm glad that I'm extending that to my phone.

I hope this forum is as hospitable as Ubuntuforums.org because I'll more likely be a question poster rather than giving out solutions.

JB

Hello and welcome to Android Forums, bonjb! :)

Not to be disrespectful to ubuntuforums.org (of which I am a member), but i think you'll find that Android forums is even more helpful, courteous, kind, thrifty, brave etc. We are the veritable Eagle Scout of user support forums. :)

If you haven't had the chance to review the site rules, you'll find within those pages the owner's, admin's and staff's vision of a friendly helpful forum with none of the drama found in other less convivial sites.

I see you've already begun to explore the forums. Please feel free to participate where you feel appropriate and don't be afraid to ask even the most basic of questions. We all start somewhere. Just for your convenience, you'll find much of the useful information about your phone in Samsung Galaxy Y - Android Forums

Glad to have you and welcome aboard.

Reactions: bonjb
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones