Hello!General

1. ezlivin

ezlivin New Member

Hello everyone! I'm new to the Huawei brand and to Cricket wireless. My coverage isn't so great but it's only at home(mountains) so I use a WiFi service that lets me talk on the phone but uses a different number, Kinda confusing for family! I love the phone and Muve Music! I dont much care for the Huawei Music program because it doesnt import music from Muve so it seems kinda useless to have 2 music programs.

I see a lot of talk about "rooting" the phone and had a few questions. I had a friend "jailbreak" my iPod touch so I'm assuming it's similar to that? Why would you root a phone, What's the benefits? Pro's, Con's? Can it be undone? How hard is it to do? I'm fairly comfortable with the whole smart phone idea, there's not much I feel I don't know about them. After reading some threads I question myself! Anyways..any questions you all could answer would be great. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum. the exact phone was not given so i cannot link you to that thread. the root section of your phone thread will have the answers you seek. hope you enjoy your stay here ezlivin
  3. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome to the forums! Sorry for the delayed response. This thread has a lot of good info regarding rooting:

http://androidforums.com/faqs/443432-what-root-being-rooted-mean.html