Hello

Last Updated:

1. CEV

CEV Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have only checked out this forum briefly a couple of times in the past as I am the current owner of a BB Storm. I hate how slow it is and have been considering switching to Android. It looks as if this may be the best forum to learn more about Android, so I became a member.

I use my BB to receive email from 3 different address's. I also use it for SMS, Facebook, and just a couple of other small apps. I do take the occasional picture and upload to Facebook or email it to myself and upload to Photobucket. If I try to do too much with it, then it gets real slow. It's a great phone and serves it's purpose, but I'm really looking forward to something faster.

I am with Verizon and I'm the Primary on our family account, so I can upgrade every year but if I wait the full 2 years then I can get the extra $100 off. I have been trying to keep up with all the new phones that will be coming out. I liked the look of the Nexus One and the specs when it came out, but of course not on Verizon yet. I am 4 months out from my 2 year mark to getting that extra $100 off a new phone. I will be staying with Verizon either way. There have been rumors of an Apple phone on Verizon, and all the Android phones coming out. If I had a choice right now between an iPhone and an Android, I'm leaning towards Android. The HTC Incredible is coming out on the 29th, and I'm seriously considering getting it at that time and selling the Storm on E-Bay. I love the specs of it, like the fast processor and the camera. I like the design, except for the back. What would make it better in my opinion is a bigger screen and a smooth back.

Hoping I can get some insight here as to weather there are any solid rumors of any better phones than the Incredible coming out in the next few months? I have played around with an iTouch and really like the size and feel of it. But I think the Incredible is as close to that design as it's going to get without actually going with an iPhone. I like to have a desktop cradle for my phones as well so I can use it as an alarm clock.

Anyways, looking forward to learning more about Android.

Thanks,
    Chad

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !!