• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hi, I'm Alex, a retired guy wanting to increase my IT knowledge, which is rubbish at best. I have a smartphone, but use it mainly to keep in contact, have some photographs on it, but don't browse the net as yet. Have a reasonable PC with Windows 7 Ultimate, a laptop with XP Pro ans some good photographic equipment, as this is my main interest.

I'm looking to buy a top of the range tablet and have friends with both i-pad and Android, so am confused about what is best for me. I like the 10" size better than the mini, would like to use it for e-mail, word, a little browsing but expect to use my PC for that. I like movies and informative video's on Tube relating to my hobby of photography, so will want a good display for my photographs.

Been looking at Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T, but not sure this is best and would welcome help in looking at other top tablets.

Located near Birmingham and hope I can get some help here and would like to know if there are any training locations in the Birmingham area for Android devices.
Thanks for looking.

Alex

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones