Hellppp ! Triumph wont show on computer

Last Updated:

1. Rell22

Rell22 Member

I have been trying for a long time to get my motorola triumph rooted but the olny problem i run into is getting the device to show on computer. i am running windows xp , and i have downloaded the motorola triumph ABD drivers but dont know how to installl them . also i already have the recovery.img file & the cmw recovery file . just need to get my devie to show on this darn computer .. :mad: PLEASE SOMEONE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Hello and welcome to the forums, Rell22.

Triumph - All Things Root - Android Forums is the area with the most rooting info for the Triumph. In http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...l-things-root-guide-updated-03-25-2012-a.html you'll see http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...od-triumph-no-root-app-computer-involved.html for a method that may be of great interest to you. ;)
    Rell22 likes this.
  3. Rell22

Rell22 Member

THANKS . Im New So You Just Really Helped Me :)
  4. Rell22

Rell22 Member

I have been trying for a long time to get my motorola triumph rooted but the olny problem i run into is getting the device to show on computer. i am running windows xp , and i have downloaded the motorola triumph ABD drivers but dont know how to installl them . also i already have the recovery.img file & the cmw recovery file . just need to get my devie to show on this darn computer .. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 . Or is there a CWM RECOVERY apk file that i can download that works like the regular app without going threw all the computer and usb connecting issues I REALLY NEED HELP. P.s i can root the phone using gingerbreak its just i dont want to root untill i can flash roms .
  5. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

Well, you have to connect to a computer in order to get ClockworkMod Recovery on your phone. You don't need to root before flashing a ROM though.

So your PC doesn't recognize the phone at all?
  6. agentc13

I will check into the drivers and gwt back with you when I get home to my PC if someone else doesn't get to it first.
    I remember others having issues on xp, bit I think ww got it figured out somehow. I juat don't remember the details off the top of my head.
    Rell22 likes this.
  7. Rell22

Rell22 Member

The pc recongize the phone sometimes but it says install hardware and i tried to manually
    Pick the abd drivers for the triumph that i download from this site & then it says unable to install
    Hardware , ive tried everything i think & i thank you guys so much for helping me with my problem :)
  8. agentc13

Ok. Check out the sticky about cwm and roms at the top of the root section (the only other sticky besides the root guide). See if you can boot into download mode and get your pc to recognize it. Instructions are in that sticky.

If so you can put CWM on it and flash roms.

If not I should be able to get home and on my pc in about 45min-1hour and can help you some more.
  9. Rell22

Rell22 Member

Ok ' i will try that now.
  10. joe2119

joe2119 Member

my phone's usb connection was loose so i had to position the phone perfectly for a connect to be made, (i leaned it against a book), but now i assume the connection has been completely severed as I can no longer seem to get that to work either...I'm pretty sure some of the phones have a broken usb port. ) :
  11. agentc13

@joe - That would be a different issue than xp not installing drivers correctly.

@rell - any luck?
  12. sewerrat

sewerrat New Member

Also make sure you are using the original USB cord that came with phone. Although other cords fit the triumph it will not allow you to connect to a PC.
    Rell22 likes this.
  13. agentc13

Rell22, I merged both your threads into this one. That way you don't get responses in both and have to switch back and forth to figure things out. Hopefully it helps out some. ;)
    Rell22 likes this.
  14. marc12868

marc12868 Well-Known Member Contributor

Actually if another cord doesn't work with the MT it's probably a problem with your phone. I can use any micro-usb cable with mine. And it charges/ connects to my laptop fine.
    Rell22 likes this.
  15. thangfish

thangfish Well-Known Member

To transfer files and stuff (not using adb) on XP, I just clicked cancel on all the driver install prompts. After the last one, you should have 2 new drives showing in My Computer. One mounts as a non-accessable CD drive, the other is the SD card in your phone.

To install a recovery.img, the phone has to be in download mode before you plug it in. You'll get 1 drive called mobile.

I never needed the adb drivers until I wanted to use adb.
    for that I had to use the extracted drivers that wobblethehut posted.
    http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/415058-extracted-triumph-adb-drivers.html
    agentc13 likes this.
  16. Jaay Dogg

Jaay Dogg Well-Known Member Developer

Well I believe it was agent13 who said boot into downloader mode & see if the PC will recognize it, if not you could have the problem I had, my triumph took a header off my desk while tethered & it would no longer USB connect only charge, had to replace it.
    Rell22 likes this.
  17. Rell22

Rell22 Member

Ok ' i went into downloader mode & the mobile drive still didnt pop up.
  18. agentc13

Have you tried a different cable?
    Rell22 likes this.
  19. Rell22

Rell22 Member

Yes , it seems the cable i was using had a shortage .now i have a new one and i put the mt
    into downloader mode and everything showed up . now im bout to switch the recovery.img files . i really want to thank all you for helping me , i truly couldnt have done it without advice you guys were givin me THANKSS AMILLION .
  20. agentc13

Cool.
    Glad you got it working.
  21. DigitalHorizon

DigitalHorizon New Member

Hi, I'm new here, my friend is allowing me to "test drive" his triumph before I buy it, he had it rooted with a mod droid OS on it, but I wanted it back to stock before taking it for a spin, so he restocked it, it's running android version 2.2.2, everything on the phone works, calling, texting, web, etc, but when I plug it into my computer it simply doesn't see it, tried it on my desktop and laptop, no go, even installed the motorola device manager. He still has astro device manager on the phone along with the differen't mods in them. But I just need to get the computer to see the phone is connected, any advice? Oh, it does charge tho, and I'm using the same cable my friend used to root the phone and then restock it.
  22. bmanzana

bmanzana Member

put the phone in down loader mode( shut it down, push and hold power and volume down),and then plug it in to your comp and see if it recognizes it.
  23. DigitalHorizon

What does downloader mode do,and do I have to do anything else once I'm in downloader mode?
  24. DigitalHorizon

Also, what if I want to get out of downloader mode without doing anything?
  25. dsmryder

dsmryder Well-Known Member Developer

Download mode (holding volume down while turning the phone on like bmanzana said) is like a low level access "boot". It allows you to mount the phone as a USB flash drive and get at the mobile partition. That's where the boot.img (main boot when you are using your phone) the recovery.img (recovery boot, duh) the splash.img (the still boot logo) and some other stuff.

When you enter lownload mode you will see a repetitive responce saying something like "polling yadayada", affter that you plug in the USB cable.