help? 1 day old evo in trouble.Support

Last Updated:

1. happyjefe

happyjefe New Member This Topic's Starter

So I thought I'd try to load some themes on tonight. Didn't know what ADW was, so downloaded Home Manager and Quick Switcher from the Market. Home Manager and Quick Switcher are "running" on the top bar, but i get a note that they both "stopped unexpectedly". when i select "force quit", they don't. Home button brings me to a black screen, and I can't get to any of the Settings.

So, I'm in a semi-bricked state. I can't use Sense, can't do anything really.

Is there some way to "reset" the phone to default settings?

Thanks.

Jeff

Advertisement
  2. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

Start by turning the phone off, then back on and see if it prompts you to choose a home launcher.

happyjefe likes this.
  3. happyjefe

happyjefe New Member This Topic's Starter

thanks, akazabam. i tried that. phone was simply stuck. i did a hard reset and i'll deal with setting myself back up again. heck, it's a one day old phone. just means i get to play some more. j

4. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

Yep, a hard reset will always get you out of something like that. Sorry I couldn't help without too many details.

The Evo is a great phone. If you have any questions this is a good place to start:

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-tip...icks-guide-updated-8-53pst-sept-9-2010-a.html

Oh, and welcome to AF :)