• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP!! 2.2 ota message recieved but wouldn't download

yamamonster600

Jul 23, 2010
Macon, Ga
So i got the ota for 2.2 on last tuesday. i hit the button to download now, it said my sd card was safe to remove, and thats it. looked in settings and still running 2.1 and system is up to date. called vz said they haven't heard of this, they called htc and said nothing to do but wait and the system SHOULD notice and try again within 2 weeks....(sucks) my wife got the update msg last thursday same thing happened. wtf is going on? anybody else have this problem.

Do a factory reset, back up and wipe your phone completely.

When it reboots, your OTA will come back instantly.

This was my case. It took me 3 times for it to work because I was rooted. It failed then said "system up to date" after reboot.

After each factory reset / complete wipe, the OTA came back instantly upon reboot.

Upvote 0
So i got the ota for 2.2 on last tuesday. i hit the button to download now, it said my sd card was safe to remove, and thats it. looked in settings and still running 2.1 and system is up to date. called vz said they haven't heard of this, they called htc and said nothing to do but wait and the system SHOULD notice and try again within 2 weeks....(sucks) my wife got the update msg last thursday same thing happened. wtf is going on? anybody else have this problem.

Several of us had this exact same problem with the May OTA. For me, the OTA never came back, so I ended up having to install it manually, which was easy enough. You might try the factory reset suggestion above, but if that doesn't work, just install the OTA manually.

Upvote 0
Reactions: yamamonster600
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones