help. 3g and attachmentsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. rapanui

rapanui New Member This Topic's Starter

hi. i just bought a htc droid eris. like it a lot. nice phone and nice apps. some cons but way more pros.

bought it in the states but i'm using it in Mexico. so far voice and SMS works great. but can't get the data to work. it says not connected to network. how can i access and change the data (3G) parameters/information so it works with the mexican company Iusacell?

also, today was checking hotmail emails on browser, but i can't download the attachments on the emails. how can i do this?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

You probably don't have the settings put into your phone for 3g to work, but maybe 1xrtt..

When you're browsing the web, does it say 1x at the top? Or does it ever say 3g at all?

I am guessing that either Iusacell uses Simple IP (like Cricket) and that 3g won't just 'work', as a result, and that if it does, you'll need to get one of these...

BAM - Banda Ancha M

3. rapanui

the problems i talked about are 2 separate ones.

first i can't connect to 3g on my phone. it's not set it up the way it should be in mexico. it's like you said. i don't have the settings in my phone so 3g can work. how can i put them in??

second when i say i'm browsing the web it's via wifi, i'm sorry for not saying this before. the attachments i talked about are using wifi, not 3g.

on the phone i get neither 1x, or evdo or 3g. anything.

my question is how to access the settings in order to change them to work in mexico with iusacell

thanks

4. rapanui

i had a palm before. also bought it in the states. put the phone line with iusacell. but had another guy to activate internet on it.

so i know 3g works on iusacell.

yes, iusacell put the line on the phone. but they don't activate the internet.

thanks

5. rapanui

hello pkopalek. i can access my droid eris now with QPST, but now i need the info from Iusacell to put in. any idea what these could be?