1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Help 911!! Some Apps disappeared!!

Last Updated:

1. xguy

xguy Well-Known Member

Hi, I have an older HTC inc and just all of a sudden some apps just disappeared. I tried to download the same apps and it says 'installed' and I can't find any. I could do without most but I have to have one- that is the only way I can use my pc.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Advertisement
  2. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

Have you looked in settings/manage apps to see if they are there? If they are, have you long pressed to try to add them to your screen? Do you have free space left? You're talking apps, not widgets, right? Have you installed a new launcher lately?

xguy likes this.
  3. xguy

xguy Well-Known Member

Yes I checked settings/manage and is not there. Yes I have space but really don't know the difference between app and widgets.. For instance my 'Gas Buddy ' some books, but most of all my pda and that's more important than all because that's my only way I can use my computer. Also IDK what you mean by new launcher.... I am very phone & pc challenged! Lol
  4. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

Longpress on an empty spot on your desktop, choose Shortcuts, then choose Applications. If the app is installed, it should appear in that list.
  5. xguy

xguy Well-Known Member

Longpress, desktop- I don't understand. Computer? Anyway I checked applications and they're not there.
    Thanks
  6. jefboyardee

On any of the main screens of your Android, called desktops, press a blank spot for several seconds, called longpress, until that menu pops up.
  7. xguy

xguy Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'be done that before as well as running/development and couldn't find them. Now I know what those words mean! Lol
  8. jefboyardee

Can’t imagine why the play store says they’re installed but they don’t appear on any of those lists... makes no sense. When you say, “I tried to download the same apps,” are you referring to the play store?
  9. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

On your phone's Play Store uninstall one of these apps in question and then install it again.

Harry
  10. xguy

xguy Well-Known Member

11. xguy

xguy Well-Known Member

Thanks guys for all you help. I'm finally up and running after calling tech support 3 times spending several hours, going to the local store(told me TS would call within 48 hours) and this morning calling TS one more time they finally got it right! I'm happier than a pig wallowing in slop! :D ;)