1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

HELP: A good Lockscreen/Incoming Call Screen Replacement?

Last Updated:

1. astangelo

astangelo New Member This Topic's Starter

I have an HTC Evo that hangs up on everyone that calls me. I keep the phone in my pocket and, in trying to pull it out to answer a call, my leg slides the bar. I could keep the phone in my pocket upside down and then I would answer every call but that isn't much of an alternative.

I am looking for something that overrides the Sense's lockscreen/answer screen. I tried both GoTo and WidgetLocker. Both are great programs but neither addresses the incoming call issue.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Advertisement
  2. Monkeypox

Monkeypox Member

Either Slidelock Pro or Lock 2.0 sounds like what you are looking for. You need to slide left to right instead of up to down to unlock your phone.

3. astangelo

Thanks for the suggestion, Monkeypox. Great name btw.

Tried Lock 2.0, it didn't work any better than either of the other two that I tried previously. With Lock 2.0, phone calls pop up with the same accept/ignore prompt one gets if their phone isn't locked at all. That gets rid of the slide issue but if my leg is effecting the touch screen enough to cause a slide, it will have no problem with either of those two buttons.

I couldn't find Slidelock Pro. Are you sure about the name?

To be a bit clearer, I am looking for a lockscreen that either a) allows a left/right slide to accept a phone call or b) makes me unlock the screen before I get to the accept/ignore incoming call screen. Either would stop calls from randomly being accepted or rejected as I pull my Evo from my pocket.

4. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member

You know, this is a good question. I am always afraid of hitting something as I pull my phone out to see who's calling.

5. kevin@teslacoilsw

kevin@teslacoilsw VIP Member VIP Member

I don't believe there is anything like this for Sense phones. The only incoming call screen replacement programs I know of are myLock Phone Tools and Tedd's Droid Tools. Both are button based.

This is in testing for WidgetLocker. It's a lot easier than adding a custom incoming call screen (assuming testing goes well). I've received numerous requests to replace the incoming call screen from Sense users and this seems like a reasonable solution for now. I probably will look into a full incoming call screen replacement in the future.

6. bisbers

bisbers Well-Known Member

Thanks Kevin, I'm anxiously awaiting this to hit Widget Locker for my Droid Incredible

7. astangelo

Thanks again, Kevin. Is there an ETA on when you think that update might be coming round? Would love that.

One other thing, I just updated to Froyo (via Sprint's OTA update). Will this have any effect on WL's performance?

I also just want to say that Kevin is awesome. I sent WidgetLocker some feedback last week and Kevin responded within the hour. Not many Devs are so customer focused.

8. appsbeyond

appsbeyond Member

Has configuration options to lock your screen during calls. :D