Help a newb out....Support

Last Updated:

1. Alpina540i

Alpina540i Member This Topic's Starter

I am trying to get my verizon yahoo mail account connected with my dinc, but I can't figure out how.

I tried typing in my email and password when prompted by the mail icon on the home screen and it says it fails.

I also had an issue with certiain links on the web not responding when clicked anyone have any ideas why?

Thanks for helping me out!:D

-Anson

Advertisement
  2. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

It sounds like you are doing it correctly but just to make sure here are the steps. Open the Mail app, touch the top bar, touch New Account, touch other and then enter your full yahoo email address and password. I have yahoo setup on mine this way and it works fine.

3. Alpina540i

when i click the email app it only gives me an option to choose the type of email provider, there is no option for a new account. I am still having an issue any other details you could provide? thanks

4. dsb9938

dsb9938 Well-Known Member Developer

Yahoo, and all other non corporate emails are POP3.

Select that, then it will let you create the account.

5. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

Ok and you're choosing Other (pop3/imap)?

6. Alpina540i

Yes I am using the pop one it says username or password authentication failed every time, and I know it is correct

7. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

well that is how I set mine up and it works fine. Are you trying to set it up while on wifi? If so give it try on 3G...

8. AdmSuvvuk

AdmSuvvuk Well-Known Member

Do you have wifi on? It's been my experience setting up mine, and my father-in-law's inc that yahoo mail doesn't play nice when accessing over wifi. I turned off the wifi, it set up and downloaded my yahoo mail with no difficulty over 3g.

9. Alpina540i

I was on WiFi but I switched to 3g but it didn't change any thing, although I don't have good 3g signal at my house

10. cfh09

cfh09 Well-Known Member

Thanks, that did it for me. Just turned off WiFi and it set up perfectly. Even had Verizon CS trying to help me to no avail. If I knew how to get the same rep, I'd give him this tip.

11. gidget

gidget Well-Known Member

also, yahoo has an official mail app out now. search the market for yahoo mail. works fine, just doesn't have a widget that shows how many emails you have, i don't think. but it does support folders, of course, which is nice.