1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Help a newbie! AutoCorrect?

1. iAmAztek

iAmAztek New Member

Finally made the leap yesterday and got myself a Samsung Galaxy S2 - after being with Apple for many, many years (it's safe to say I won't be going back there now - my eyes have been opened to how amazing Android is.)

I was just wondering, how I would go about enabling autocorrect on my keyboard?

Also, when typing (I tap quickly) full stops appear at random parts of the text - how do I do this and is there a way of preventing it?

Help is much appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. Mada

Mada Well-Known Member

Welcome to AF!

Auto correct: (this is for my phone, I don't know if its the same for other phones)

Settings> Language & Keyboard> Android Keyboard> make sure Quick Fixes is checked.

Not sure what you mean by your second issue, are you saying your keyboard randomly stops responding to your input?