help a newbieSupport

Last Updated:

1. mrgentry

mrgentry New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Kids,
    My wife just got home from Hong Kong with a HTC HD2 phone with what i think was windows in chinese (i think this could be switched th English) and in turn this could then be switched to Andriod in English.
    Now I had not asked for the phone so had no idea what Andriod was or any of the rest of it.

I am not sure how the wife did it but when she was do something she lost the ability to switch to Andriod and in trying to reset it I think she has done a factory reset so it is now Chinese OS with nothing else on it no Andriod nothing but Chinese OS. on the one hand she is Chinese so not bad for her but I have been trying to change the OS to UK and start again.

I first looked here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=591314 but that was a bit over my head and then ended up here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=606713

but i have no idea what a RUU_signed.nbh having looked further there is talk of original ROMs cooking and kitchens. Is the original rom a disk that came with the phone ? i dont want to try anything as i have no disk and dont know how to get the original ROm. I really am lost now I will do some reading but I have really been thrown in at the deep end is this tech is completely new to me.

thought please

Advertisement
  2. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

Hey there mrgentry dude!

Welcome to the forums dude!

Hmm, I was also interested in dual booting myself once upon a time,

Anywayz. try type in "Gen.Y dual boot HTC HD2" for Google to get android on for dual booting :)

To get a new language i think you will need to flash the stock ROM to an English 1 dude :)

Hang on brb :)

Stinks

3. mrgentry

mrgentry New Member This Topic's Starter

I have looked at the website linked to in the first post but I dont know where to find an English stock rom. can you just load Android with out the need for windows. I really am lost on this one. is there a simple methof of flashing the thing.

4. Stinky Stinky

Hmm

If i recall you can use Haret.exe and run android from sd card but you will need to use the stock rom of ur current phone to get there not to flash but just to get to file explorer : /

Hmm

Hang on i will try have another look for you dude!

brb dude! :)

5. Stinky Stinky