Help a Noob - Clockworkmod recovery screen question

Last Updated:

1. wilcox99

wilcox99 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone, I recently rooted my Hero using superoneclick, worked like a charm. I downloaded ROM Manager and was looking to start experimenting with ROMs. For starters, I figured I'd load one of the ROMs already preloaded in ROM Manager (free version).

So I downloaded the ROM which seemed to go fine, clicked on it, followed the prompts which eventually led me to reboot into recovery mode via Clockworkmod to "complete the installation." So I got to the reboot screen, here's what it looked like (below). What do I do from here? Where did the ROM download to? How do I "complete installation." Thanks.

Not sure what to do once I reach this screen. It already asked if I wanted to back up the current ROM and wipe, which I agreed to. when I downloaded the ROM it didn't ask me where I wanted to save it to, when I got to this screen I looked in the SD card by clicking "install zip from SD card" and didn't see it there. Where is it?

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. wilcox99

okay I can get into where the file is downloaded on the SD card:

install zip from sd card>choose zip from sd card>clockwordmod>download/

this brings me to a screen where I can see a downloaded item from "crunchysoft" which was the ROM I downloaded. When I click on it it brings me to another screen that looks like this:

- ROMManagerManifest/
    -img/

The first one has "No files found" the second one brings me to another screen:

-ss/

when I click on that it also says "No files found"

Help!

3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

First off, are you using a GSM or CDMA (Sprint style) Hero? Please ignore everything I'm about to say if you're using a CDMA hero ;)

Personally I'm not a big fan of the clockwork stuff. It's not as good at the other recovery menu, amon ra IMO. Plus, who knows where it's pulling it's ROMs from. I would much rather use one recommended by other Hero users.

What are you looking for in a ROM? 2.1? 2.2? With HTC sense or vanilla?

Here you'll find full instructions for using amon ra. It's really easy :)

Get amon ra.img from the link in my post, put it on the root of your sdcard and then skip to this bit,

4. wilcox99

CDMA. Looks like I figured it out, I'm not sure how, but it appears to have worked.

5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Ok then. Next time make sure you're using the Sprint (CDMA) Hero section of the forum. This is the GSM section and we different phones, so anything you find here will risk bricking your phone.

6. wilcox99

oh wow, sorry. thanks for the heads up.