Help a noob

Last Updated:

1. race4lastplace

race4lastplace Member This Topic's Starter

Okay. Ive been real resilient against rooting. In fact i just recently dl'd launcher pro plus (which i absolutely love). No particular reason aginst rooting other than i have a knack for screwing things up. Comin from an iphone, this is all new to me.

Basically I love my setup now with lpp and my custom wallpaper and custom icons. I really really want a black status bar though. whats the easiest way to do that (and eventually other things, but for now just the bar, and a few root apps).
    I understand the simpleoneclick root process and will be doing that later. then i need to install bootstrap app? then deodex- easiest way is the 928droid black glass from what i understand. and follow the all-in-one guide post and poof im done?

questions: will this change all my icons, wallpaper, or affect lpp in any way (if so, how can i fix it back). Is the 928 a rom (and what exactly does that mean)? it changes the sliders and everything? does it automatically include a black status bar (with white text etc...)

What do i need to do to get JUST a black status bar.

how would i go from the 928 to a different rom?

Just had surgery on my knee so im laid up here and reading all about this and its just kind of confusing with there being so much out there. Im much more understandable to visual understanding than written when it comes to stuff likethis, but once i can break it down and understand it i have no problems, so im just looking to understand what these things mean, do, and interact with what i have now.

I appreciate the help!

Advertisement
  2. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Well-Known Member

1.yes wallpapers and icons etc change to an extent from theme to theme or rom to rom but you can usually alter them back to how you like.
    2.928 is just like a theme that can deodex your x then u can install themes like a black bar mod over that ....now most custom roms will auto deodex your x ,,,not all but most so then u may not need 928 if all u want it for is to deodex
    3.to go to a different rom just make sure you make a backup of your current one then follow the instructions and flash the new one over the old one .
    4.this is a great black bar mod but can only be installed after u deodex through a rom or 928.....dont remember if 928 has a black bar or not ....http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/177781-theme-dx-blackbarmod-2-2-2-3-a.html

race4lastplace likes this.
  3. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member

The 928 theme has a black bar so simply installing that should give you everything you need.