• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help: A Vitality Brick!!

klyxmaster

Lurker
Dec 12, 2013
I have tons of software from reading forums (even this one), on how to unbrick a phone. the problem I have, is that the when i plug the phone in it will ask to ok the USB connection then i can see whats on the phone. the phone itself, will either stay on the SAMSUNG logo, in which case i will not recognize the USB being plugged in, OR it will get to the usb window and then windows will show me the folder

regardless of the software i use (oden or w/e), it will not recognize the phone as being connected.

There are no forums covering this, so there must be a step i am missing.

what i think happened:
couple years ago i rooted the phone, last week tinkering with new launchers, i used titanbackup to delete the os launcher (by mistake, i hit the ok to fast when scrolling through files to delete).
this causes the phone to now boot (after factory reset, i did do that too), to setup wizard failed.
so I must have killed something else.

so do i have a REAL brick?
if not, how can i get ODIN and other software to see that th ephone IS CONNECTED (bc windows can see it).

Ifound a new way to use ODIN that allowed the software to work. (hold the camera button then insert USB ) that put it in download mode.

ODIN did its thing, rebooted, when to the SAMSUNG logo.

It just wll not get off that.

and now I think the 3 finger combo will not even load up the menu anymore..

I think this thing is dead.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones