• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help about d18 not wanting to install or be updated

incomeraise

Aug 27, 2010
ok i have alittle issue...i finally got the system update last night when i was in the market store...so i did install the d18 version,
so my phone rebooted...and when the screen came back on it said something like"error your phone could not be updated...to try later or contact customer care if it occurs again"
but now or right after that when i checked the software version or so, it says that I have the d18 one even though it clearly told me that it couldn't update it.
So what am i supposed to do?
and also BTW everytime I was trying,to update the software, it was telling me my phone is updated...until i went to the market store

I just got my Epic today and got the update message as soon as I got in the car... I accepted the update... my phone rebooted and installed the update but when my phone came back on it said something like 'your software is up to date' but everytime I unlock my phone I get the update alert. Any way to stop this?

Upvote 0
FYI, for those of you having trouble with the update. The person that uses the Epic isn't quite tech savvy enough to troubleshoot problems like software updates not installing, so I took some time to figure it all out last night.

After 3 calls with Sprint tech support, I finally got a guy that was savvy enough to go through the hard reset process with me (for the epic). Once I hard reset, everything went perfectly. I got the d17 update first, installed that. Then, after the phone soft reset, I started re-installing all the apps that I had installed on the phone prior. Once I started re-installing all of the apps through appbrain, the update for d18 became available. I updated that and now the Epic is completely up to date!

I didn't notice any significant change, but it is definitely working well. Just wanted to give some input into the fact that a hard reset just made the updates take right away.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones