• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP! Accidentally Wiped Internal Storage and OS on HTC ONE M8

jschohan

Mar 4, 2015
I have an unlocked bootloader, S-ON and I was playing around with my phone and i wiped my internal storage and i don't have an OS on it which is what it said in TWRP, I am using the AIO toolkit version2.0 and i used the Getvar All command and the phone rebooted and now i'm stuck in the boot screen, i'm trying to get into the bootloader or recovery but my phone is not responding, please help!

Power reset your phone with volume up +power until it resets.

As soon as the screen goes dark, hold volume down until the bootloader appears.

Navigate to recovery, it may be under hboot if it came up in FASTBOOT mode.

(I can never remember which screen, it's kinda automatic for me, sorry.)

Do i have to flash a recovery using TWRP? My pc isn't able to pick up my M8 because i can't enable usb debugging, on my boatloader screen it says os and it is blank after that, once i wen't into fastboot mode it got stuck in the same screen again, i think all this is because i acidentally wiped the internal storage using TWRP including the os. I'm trying to get a stock zip of sense onto an sd card and i didn't have any recovery's or backup's, what do i do next?

Upvote 0
This is it in twrp when i'm trying to make it go into system reboot

Attachments

• 20150304_182543.jpg
    20150304_182543.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 437
Upvote 0
Perfect, thank you.

We're going to get your phone healthy in three steps, I'll begin by outlining them.

1. We're going to wean you off of that toolkit.

2. We're going to install an updated, non-buggy TWRP.

3. We're going to install the stock rom you selected.

After that, we're going to make a nandroid backup and review any questions you have.

I've helped hundreds of people in your situation.

If you follow my instructions to the letter, and stop and ask questions whenever anything doesn't work like I say, and don't add or remove any steps from my instructions, you're going to be fine. :)

The next post will begin the process.

Upvote 0
My pleasure. :)

First, we're going to get you on the Mini-SDK. We've assembled it from Google, and it's really the best for you - and easiest way to deal with things like this.

Go here - http://androidforums.com/threads/adb-guide-updated-2014-11-11.443072/#post-5389081

Find the download attachment at the bottom of that post named sdk-tools.zip - download it and unzip it with your Windows Explorer.

This will create a folder called sdk-tools.

Windows Explorer - single click on the sdk-tools folder and then right click it.

Find option that says Open command window here.

Choose that.

A black command window appears.

In the black command window, enter this command:

fastboot devices

Tell me if it returns nothing or if it returns what looks like a serial number for your device.

(And don't worry, I'm not going anywhere, but I may be slow typing today. :D)

Reactions: dan55
Upvote 0
Don't worry about the slow reply, I'd rather you didn't rush in unfamiliar waters ok.

I can't seem to find the option of open command window here, i have extraction options but not command window ones?
Ok, no worries, hiccups happen.

You have unzipped the sdk-tools.zip (usually a double-click will get it done) and let it create the sdk-tools folder?

You have right clicked on the sdk-tools folder and not the zip file after unzipping?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones