Help activating pleaseSupport

1. 13lackcat

13lackcat Active Member

I bought my fiance an Optimus elite as an upgrade to her Optimus v. When I push the activate button it doesn't give any options, it just assigns a new phone number and reboots. We want it to have the number from her ov. How can get the number and account info transferred to the elite?

Advertisement
    :
  2. kwknott

kwknott Well-Known Member Contributor

You'll have to call Virgin Mobile so they can remove the old phone and add the new phone to her account. They will them have you run activation app or walk you through a manual programming
  3. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Or you can just log into your account and swap the phone online.
  4. Ranhead

Ranhead Well-Known Member

I swapped my Verizon phone number over online. It went very smoothly. :D
  5. DraeHD

DraeHD Well-Known Member

Log in to your account at virginmobileusa.com and go to the right sidebar navigation and click '' swap phone '' follow those steps. All should go smoothly.

Use the 1-6 steps, don't use the activator.
  6. COflower

COflower Member

Sometimes swapping a phone online doesn't work. I had to call them yesterday and do that over the phone. Despite the message that there may be a $15 charge, there wasn't.

Switched from an Optimus V to the Elite and so far, so good. Faster processor, more internal memory, bigger screen. It was a good upgrade since I don't need a super expensive smartphone right now.