Help activating preowned phone w/ CM6 flashedSupport

Last Updated:

1. Brentis007

Brentis007 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey I hope you are the people that can help me with this. I am obviously a noob, but I couldn't find anything on this after multiple searches.

I bought a phone on ebay and the guy I bought it from had already installed CM6. When I tried to activate it through the Sprint website and using the codes they gave me, the ##xxxxxx# would not take me to the manual programming menus. I was on the phone with customer service for over 30 minutes and nothing we tried worked.

Have you ever heard of this before? Am I going to have to restore to factory defaults and activate and then reflash?

Any help would be greatly appreciated because right now I have a $200 brick on my hands b/c I can't activate it.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

If they can't help you over the phone then take it to a sprint store, after you flash back of course.

3. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

Before you purchased the Sprint HTC Hero, did you verify if it had a clear ESN? If the ESN is not clear, you might not be able to use it at all. :(

Other than that, I am not sure why it would not be working. I have never bought a used smartphone on eBay before. ;)