Help adding ringtone...as text message soundSupport

Last Updated:

1. MotoDriod

MotoDriod Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

mabilo ringtones is what i use for my phone ringtones...it was a free app. Anyway...how do i add a ringtone for a text message? I can't figure it out...step by step would be best.

Advertisement
  2. rcourt529

rcourt529 Well-Known Member

Download Ringdroid and you can crop the part of a song you want to be your notification, when you finish cropping, click save and then save as: notification. voila...

3. MotoDriod

MotoDriod Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

See I've done that with the ringtone program i have..and set as default notification...but it doesn't play what i want it to. I'm not seeing why.

4. N*TE

N*TE Well-Known Member

I have the same problem...then i unplug it from the wall i get the notification that i want but when receiveing text its the same as before...its rather weird...i'll keep looking if i come up with an answer i'll post..

5. IamReady

IamReady Well-Known Member

Each app has a setting for the ringtone to use. Open up the messaging account, menu, settings and you should see an option to change the ringtone sound.

Hope that helps...

6. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Well-Known Member

yea you can set a ringtone or notification tone for just about everything on the phone that requires an alert tone. Go into the settings for your case in Messages and select Notification tone. Find the one you want and select it. Thats all you do. I have Ringdroid as well and i like how you can edit a song or sound just the way you want it.

7. N*TE

N*TE Well-Known Member

ok...reason why it wasnt working for me was because I use handcent as my text app. if using handcent you need to change the notification settings there as well... open handcent-menu>settings>notification settings>select new ringtone. annnnnnd it works.

8. Windy Hensley

Windy Hensley New Member

I do not get the same ringtone choices for text messages as I do for phone settings. Why?