HELP! Advice, how to get vm to send me a NEW phone not a refurb.Support

1. yes, a new one. mine is only 8 days old and ever since i opened it, the camera doesnt focus, has a green blob, battery doesnt hold a charge nor does the sensors work.

currently running miui which i must say is amazing.

i have a replacement order already but i just called to cancel that. hopefully.

any tips on what to tell them for them to send me a brand new out of the box triumph?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. ChampN252

ChampN252 Well-Known Member

Man, I say suck it up and buy a new unit. From what I've read, U'll have a time getting a new one. Oddest thing is mine is having none of the problems I'm reading about. 8/11 unit here that was used for like an hour. Great deal
  3. StaticMaal

StaticMaal Well-Known Member

A couple of months ago like in October I called VM for a new phone I told them My charging port was messed and they sent me a brand new one. Just like one I would have got from the store.
  4. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

I think you might be able to convince them to give you a new one, but their return policy don't not specify if it is new or refurbished. So they won't have to do it even if you request it.

Personally, I don't see the issue people have with the refurbs. I think overall they have a better chance of being in good working condition as they have gone through more quality control. Granted my original phone is in fine shape and has been since I bought it, but If something happened, a refurb would work. If it was one that wasn't up to snuff (scratches, dirty, stuff not working correctly) I would complain and get another. Even refurbished they should be in great condition.
  5. lou61166

lou61166 Well-Known Member

That is pretty pathetic advice,why should anyone have to replace a defective device by spending more money for a new one,and you should all be grateful that virgin mobile adds a 1 year warranty to their phones,without having to buy separate insurance,to be crying about a refurb they are in no way obligated to even do that.