Help! ALL facebook birthdays now show in my claendar even though i havent synced facebook!!Support

Last Updated:

1. scrattyrat

scrattyrat Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone please help?

My 'accounts & sync' settings have always had 'facebook' turned off for syncing, and I have never turned it on. Yet this morning i was playing around with the bit in 'people' to try and see if the facebook bit in there worked and i would be able to link a contact in there with their facebook account. It asked me to log into facebook (after which incidentally it could not then find the contact in facebook lol). After that i went to the calendar and it now shows ALL 2500 facebook contacts birthdays!!

Please tell me there is a way to undo this. at no point did i ever select auto facebook syncing, or choose to import facebook calendar. Obviously now the calendar is pretty unusable as there are multiple bithdays on every day.

Can it be reverted? Please help!

Advertisement
  2. LECTER

LECTER Well-Known Member

You have 2500 FB contacts????????

You must have logged in some how!!

Try going into settings and delete the FB account.

3. danielvago

danielvago Well-Known Member

Yes and easily!

Go into the stock calendar (even if you are using a different calendar).

Go into settings (menu button) -> more -> Calendars

In there just uncheck Facebook.

This is also where you add calendars that you create in google-calendar and want to have show up on your phone.

4. scrattyrat

Thanks i'll gove that a go. i dont know all the contacts, but im a DJ and use facebook for that. Hence i dont want all the birthdays on my calendar. I would like to be able to log onto facebook though to check messages etc, and also any contacts that are in my phone book who i actualy know and are also on facebook would be nice to be able to see their updates in 'people'. Is that possible without imprting everything into my calendar?

Thanks!

5. scrattyrat

Excellent thanks thats removed them.

Now i just need to work out how to log into facebook to check messages without getting my calendar screwed over...

6. LECTER

LECTER Well-Known Member

It shouldn't sync back.

7. MDesire2010

MDesire2010 Well-Known Member

Alternate method is just going to m.facebook.com which will bring up the mobile site without implementing any settings into your phone.