• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help! ALL facebook birthdays now show in my claendar even though i havent synced facebook!!

scrattyrat

Oct 29, 2010
Can anyone please help?

My 'accounts & sync' settings have always had 'facebook' turned off for syncing, and I have never turned it on. Yet this morning i was playing around with the bit in 'people' to try and see if the facebook bit in there worked and i would be able to link a contact in there with their facebook account. It asked me to log into facebook (after which incidentally it could not then find the contact in facebook lol). After that i went to the calendar and it now shows ALL 2500 facebook contacts birthdays!!

Please tell me there is a way to undo this. at no point did i ever select auto facebook syncing, or choose to import facebook calendar. Obviously now the calendar is pretty unusable as there are multiple bithdays on every day.

Can it be reverted? Please help!

Thanks i'll gove that a go. i dont know all the contacts, but im a DJ and use facebook for that. Hence i dont want all the birthdays on my calendar. I would like to be able to log onto facebook though to check messages etc, and also any contacts that are in my phone book who i actualy know and are also on facebook would be nice to be able to see their updates in 'people'. Is that possible without imprting everything into my calendar?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones