1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Help! All of my WiFi passwords have disappeared!

1. Welsh Whirlwin

Welsh Whirlwin New Member

Long time lurker - first time poster!

Dear all,

Can anyone help me? Yesterday my Galaxy S11 (using Android 4.04) just 'forgot' every single WiFi password I have on my phone and stopped logging in automatically to the networks. Instead I've had to manually re-enter the passwords for my home, work and girlfriends place.

The problem is that there are some passwords I won't be able to retrieve at all. :(

Has this happened to anyone else? Did I accidentally do something? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

First off welcome to the forums!

And this is strange, usually the only way you can remove those is through clearing the cache for Wifi or a factory reset. Have you looked at your Wifi settings recently to see if anything has changed?
  3. Welsh Whirlwin

Hi DC, it is strange, yes... I've checked my settings and nothing has changed. I recently cleared the cache of another app after it would not start after an update to fix the problem, but that is it.

The only other thing I can think of is that potentially wiped a section of my phone after using a compass app to determine the polarity of a (pretty weak) magnet. Hmmm...

I don't suppose you know if I can restore these settings via Kies backup?

Cheers again for your help!
  4. Digital Controller

If you backed up everything with Kies then restoring that should restore those Wifi passwords.
  5. Welsh Whirlwin

Cheers again DC, I have done back-ups so I'll have a try when I get home to restore that individual section of my phone.

In the meantime, I'll try and steer clear of any more magnets! :dong:
  6. Digital Controller

Yeah magnets are very bad for electrical devices, like computers and smart phones, please do not do anything like that again.