Help! Altec Lansing backbeat wont stay in media mode!

Last Updated:

1. Mathieas

Mathieas Active Member This Topic's Starter

My bluetooth headset(altech lansing backbeat) keeps loseing its media mode whenever i reboot or connect another headset. I have to do a complete repair cycle with the headset powered off then back on inorder to get the phone to reconize the headset as media mode ready. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. c2k

c2k Well-Known Member

I just purchased the backbeat 903 and should get it in a week... so I havent had problems... yet. you may want to delete its BT profile entirely and re-link it. That may fix the problem

Btw, other than that, how do you like them? hows the sound?

3. Mathieas

Mathieas Active Member This Topic's Starter

I really like them but i woundt call myself an audiophile by any means... I find this headset awsome for work cuase i can bump the stop and play with my wrist(iwear gloves in the lab) and not contaminate the unit. The sound is nice and dosnt sound cheap(the noise canceling does a good job making you feel like you are emcompassed by the music imo)... the talking/voice aspect is a bit on the lower end when it comes to wind protection but in a room its perfect. Yeah if i unpair and reconnect the issue does go away untill i restart the phone and i have to do it all again. My wife's phone also does this although it seems a little faster to respond(her captivate does not have any widget running so i atest this to the additonal resoruces). When you get your set let me know if you woundt mind if you have any issues. Be sure to restart the phone a couple time and pair another set and back to the backbeat if you have that option.

Thanks!

Mathieas

PS:it can take a couple days for the media side to fail.

4. c2k

c2k Well-Known Member

Huh... That is really odd. I dont have any BT devices, so I cant even see what kinds of options I have to begin with. I did remember reading that the backbeat has that "smart pair" feature where you dont have to enter a password or anything, I wonder if you can set it up manually and force it to make you use a password.

And to be honest, Ive been using a wired headset. It was cheap, noise cancelling, and has awesome bass. But these looked like a fun new toy =] Glad to know they sound good, hope theyre as good as my wired set (motorola H20 I think). And what do you mean for a couple days for the audio to fail?

P.s. Mine should be here by late next week

5. c2k

c2k Well-Known Member

Oh and how is that thing where you tap pause and it uses the mic so that you can hear everything around you? Is that as neat as it sounds?

6. c2k

c2k Well-Known Member

So, got mine and Ive been playing with it for a couple days. First of all, it has awesome sound and the battery lasts for quite awhile.

Second of all, I have the exact same problem as you. Except mine is tricky to fix. I can turn off BT on my phone and turn the headset off, and it will not connect in media mode. I literally have to unpair and re-pair the headset, which is really annoying (but still a 30 second fix). Havent found a fix yet, I am running JH3 ROM also