• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help an MBA student out!

MavGunloc

Lurker
Nov 20, 2010
I'm working on my MBA in Marketing and one of class projects is to analyze consumer behavior on specific consumer products. All I have to do is take an interview with 20 people and analyze the results.

Sounds easy? Yes and no. I picked the Motorola Android as my product and I can't find enough people to fill the requirements. I just need 10 more people and I'll be good to go. Below is a list of the survey questions that I need answered, please only respond if you own/use any type of Motorola Android (or phone with Android software). I know I'm posting on the Android forums but I thought it would be best to make things clear just in case.

I need 10 people to respond. You can PM me your answers or post them in the thread but post something in the thread to let me know you're interested and working on it.

1) How long have you been using a cellular phone?

2) How many different cellular phones have you used in your lifetime?

3) What mobile cellular phone provider do you currently subscribe to?
a. How long have you been with them?
b. What (if any) other cellular phone provider have you used in the past?

4) When deciding to purchase a new phone, how long do you research before making a final decision?
a. Where do you turn to for information about your potential purchase decision (television, friends, the internet)?

5) What made you choose your current cellular phone?

6) How much money was the final purchase price on your cellular phone?
a. Do you feel your purchase is worth the money you paid?

7) What key features are a "must" for a cellular phone? (Check all that apply)
a. Touch-screen
b. Slide-out key pad
c. Ability to surf the web, text, send e-mails
d. Wifi connectivity
e. Download apps
f. Play music and/or games
g. Take pictures/video
h. Watch movies
i. Bluetooth compatible

8) Where did you make your cellular phone purchase?
a. What made you decided to purchase your cellular phone at that particular location?
b. How would you rate the overall purchase experience? (Extremely satisfied, Very satisfied, Satisfied, Not very satisfied, Not at all satisfied)

9) Currently, how satisfied are you with your purchase? (Extremely satisfied, Very satisfied, Satisfied, Not very satisfied, Not at all satisfied. Please briefly explain your answer)
a. Is there anything you would like to see changed/added/removed? If so, what specifically?
b. What is the most positive aspect of your current cellular phone?
c. What is the least positive aspect of your current cellular phone?

10) Overall, how would you rate your experience with your current cellular phone?
a. Will you continue to purchase phones from this cellular phone provider?
b. If not, which cellular phone providers would you consider in the future?

Please answer the following questions for classification purchases only:
1) Name, age, current city and state of residence
2) Total annual income
3) Ethnicity

Thank you guys for your any help you can offer. I really appreciate it.

1. 10+ years
2. 10+
3. ATT - 3 years; have been with TMO and VZW in the past
4. varies, currently been researching about 2 weeks for next change
5. Yearly upgradability to new model and resale value
6. $300. Pricey, but happy with it.
7. a,c,d,e,f,g,h,i
8. Best Buy - girlfriend is a supervisor there - extremely satisfied
9. extremely satisfied; would like to see bettery battery life. Love the quality screen, hate the battery life!
10. I will continue to purchase phones

Name: Bela
Income: Prefer not to say
Ethnicity: white

Hope that helps! :)

Upvote 0
1) How long have you been using a cellular phone?[ Ten years or more (can't remember it's been so long!)

2) How many different cellular phones have you used in your lifetime? Four

3) What mobile cellular phone provider do you currently subscribe to? AT&T
a. How long have you been with them? From AT&T through Cingular and back to AT&T
b. What (if any) other cellular phone provider have you used in the past? None

4) When deciding to purchase a new phone, how long do you research before making a final decision? A few hours
a. Where do you turn to for information about your potential purchase decision (television, friends, the internet)? Mainly the internet, this time from a friend's brother.

5) What made you choose your current cellular phone? I wanted a Droid, and this one had just come out on AT&T (Captivate)

6) How much money was the final purchase price on your cellular phone?
a. Do you feel your purchase is worth the money you paid? $149 and no, I'm not happy with it, as it's come out cheaper since then.

7) What key features are a "must" for a cellular phone? (Check all that apply)
a. Touch-screen
b. Slide-out key pad
c. Ability to surf the web, text, send e-mails
d. Wifi connectivity
e. Download apps
f. Play music and/or games
g. Take pictures/video
h. Watch movies
i. Bluetooth compatible

It's interesting that you didn't include any actual phone dialing activities. That's the key to me, the rest is all fun.

8) Where did you make your cellular phone purchase? Amazon.com
a. What made you decided to purchase your cellular phone at that particular location? It was the best deal at the time
b. How would you rate the overall purchase experience? (Extremely satisfied, Very satisfied, Satisfied, Not very satisfied, Not at all satisfied) Very satisfied except for the price.

9) Currently, how satisfied are you with your purchase? (Extremely satisfied, Very satisfied, Satisfied, Not very satisfied, Not at all satisfied. Please briefly explain your answer) Very satisfied
a. Is there anything you would like to see changed/added/removed? If so, what specifically? The phone has it's quirks, I do wish it wasn't so easy to hang it up with your cheek.
b. What is the most positive aspect of your current cellular phone? The gorgeous screen
c. What is the least positive aspect of your current cellular phone? The learning curve, and the lack of desktop syncing. I'm used to the Palm world.

10) Overall, how would you rate your experience with your current cellular phone?
a. Will you continue to purchase phones from this cellular phone provider? Yes
b. If not, which cellular phone providers would you consider in the future? N/A

Please answer the following questions for classification purchases only:
1) Name, age, current city and state of residence
2) Total annual income
3) Ethnicity

Thank you guys for your any help you can offer. I really appreciate it.
I will pm you the personal info.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones