Help Android Family-Keyboard issues

Last Updated:

1. gumbottoms

gumbottoms Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone! This is my second go round with an Android phone. I liked the G1 when I had it but I had to get rid of it. A year later I decided to get a Mytouch. Much improvement in my eyes. The only problem I have is the keyboard is a bit small for me. Does anyone have any tips for a guy with big hands? Im willing to root my phone if it helps improve my keyboard. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. jthomps123

jthomps123 New Member

I always use the keyboard in horizontal mode - other wise its pretty useless. I also am using the Better Android Better Keyboard - cost a couple bucks but seems to be a little better than the stock.

3. OhJanelle

OhJanelle New Member

i got the 'better keyboard' app for 1.99 or 2.99 or something. very worth it, lots of different keyboard skins (free once you purchase the main 'better keyboard') in shapes and widths and colors that are more appealing (and more user friendly) than what comes standard.

4. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member

You could have a bash with the Blackberry suretype rip off. qwerty, but two letters to each key.

Not bad, especially with the excellent Android word prediction.
    I'd also recommend calibrating the screen, then just going for it with the thumbs - trust the corrector, it's a smart-arse.