HELP...Android market force closesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Styerd

Styerd New Member This Topic's Starter

Someone please help.
    Every time I try to start the Market I get the following error.
    The application com.android.vending(process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I've read lots and tried lots of fixes but nothing works. Cannot download or update any applications as a result.

Advertisement
  2. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member

What ROM are you running? Was there any instructions to flash a gapps.zip after the ROM? If so that is more than likely the problem. Have you tried re wiping and re flashing your current ROM? Sometimes things don't take on the first flash. If I ever have an issue I'll usually try re flashing the ROM then if I still have the issue I'll start panicing haha.

3. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Styerd likes this.
  4. Styerd

I'm sorry for bein such a noob but I have no idea which Rom I'm runnin nor how to flash it.

5. Styerd

6. Podivin

Well of course it does, pretty darn foolish of me to have suggested that.
    I've attached it here.

Attached Files:

7. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I think it wise to assume that anybody who posts in the Eris forum who doesn't mention root is probably running stock Eris.

I think that the market fix app is a rooted ROM fix, but, if it works, that's great. If it does not, from home do menu->settings->Applications->Manage Applications. Wait for the list to refresh, and scroll down to find "Market". (You can also press menu, then sort by size, then menu, sort a-z, to make it easier to find.) Tap on "Market" and, from the display that pops up, tap the button "Clear cache". Try to go back to the market. If that still doesn't fix it, follow the same path in settings and tap the button "Clear data". If you have to clear data, the first time into the market it should ask you to accept Google's terms again. Hopefully that fixes things.

Styerd likes this.
  8. Podivin

Good point Doogald, especially since Styred says he doesn't know what ROM he running or how to flash, that pretty well indicates not rooted.

Styred, do what Doogald says, the Market Fix app won't do you any good.

Styerd likes this.
  9. Styerd

TOTALLY WORKED DUDES!!! Thank you so much! I wanna take you out for cupcakes and beers!

10. kurtnsyb

kurtnsyb New Member

I am having the same problem. The Market forces closed when I try to open it. I have cleared my cache, but there is not option to "clear data" or "uninstall updates" as others have suggested. I have restarted my phone and uninstalled the most recent downloads.

If you have any other suggestions I would appreciate your help. I am ready to pull my hair out! What's the point of having a Droid phone with no way to download apps?

11. heaha

heaha Banned

Root Root Root

I Can't emphasize this enough

Rooting your phone will fix Everything

Trust me

I read it in an online forum!