Help !!! Androidilliterate !!!!!!

Last Updated:

1. smitty1973

smitty1973 New Member This Topic's Starter

So as most others I got tired of waiting for Telus to upgrade my Hero....
    I went through the rooting proccess and by the looks of it succesfully rooted my phone.
    I was not however, able to get a new Firmware on my phone.....and then I gave up :(

THEN .....

Telus puts out the update ! I download it to my Hero (my happiest moment since buying the phone..)

BUT.....

I cannot install it. The promt says it is available fot install....I hit install now....the phone turns off....starts to turn on but once HTC comes on the screen nothing happens. 3 times I have left it overnight and when I wake up the phone is just dead......WTF !!!???!?!?!?!?

Anyone know why this is happening? And more important...what can In do ????

Advertisement
  2. petewxm

petewxm Member

I`m no expert but I had a similar thing happen to me when I was flashing Froydvillian on my phone, It would goto the htc screen and then kept rebooting, it turned out I didn`t have enough space on the phone, so I restored the old rom, took of a number of app`s and tried again, this time it worked.

So maybe there isn`t enough space on your phone, if you can go back to your old rom by going into the recovery screen (if you flased one?) by pressing and holding down the power and home button while turning the phone on. then restore to old rom, delete some apps and try again.

I hope you get somewhere with it

Thanks

Pete

3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

What happens on the screen when you try to flash it? I've seen a few people round here who tried (and thought they failed) to root the phone, but then it turns out they had almost finished rooting and that was the problem :p

So yeah, could you describe what it says/does when it turns off and tries to flash?

4. smitty1973

the phone just goes to a screen that says htc and nothing happens. I just cleared everything off my sd card and deleted most of my downloaded apps and still the same thing.

5. smitty1973

I think you may be right though. I think maybe I am not done rooting. I can't remember what I was trying to do but about a month ago I was opening something and it said my phone was rooted. Which is why I assumed it was rooted.

6. smitty1973

Okay...so I backed up a bit and now remember the initial problem when I was rooting the phone!
    It was when I tried the RUU and it gave me the 130 error(model ID)
    so yesterday I tried the 2.73.405.5 ..... that I saw mentioned on the forums and tried it. This time the error was 132 error (something about the signature?)

I think this is more common ??