• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help another noob, won't you?

RolandHand

Lurker
Aug 4, 2010
Came from BB to Captivate. I have a couple of issues that I would like to resolve.

I haven't had that great of battery life, but saw the post about discharging the battery completely 3 times and will try that.

My phone shuts off randomly. I have read about others with that issue, with really no resolution other than exchanging it. I'm still within 30 days so exchanging it may be my resolution to that. But does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop it from doing that?

Also, callers are telling me that I am breaking up while talking to them. I'm in the same location where I was using my BB....could it be an issue with my phone specifically?

My main issue is that I have no idea if I have missed a call or SMS. Is there an app out there that will tell me that, without me having to wake up the phone?

I'm really happy with the phone in general. I do have GPS issues, but can wait until the fix is pushed out. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

if its shutting off its most likely a hardware issue, and youll want to get it swapped out immediately, im sure its fixable but you dont really want to be pulling it apart and tinkering in there yourself

for the breaking up i have not experienced it myself, so it dosent appear to be the phone model. have you checked your reception at that point to see if thats the culprit

as for the call or sms notifications, right now theres nothing short of an app (that requires root and it has to be sideloaded) that will show a little red dot that moves in the top left of the screen if you have missed notifications, thats here: [App] NoLED - Use the AMOLED screen for incoming notifications (Crosspost from I9000) - xda-developers . like i mentioned it requires root, so if you dont have/dont want to do that it wont work.

Upvote 0
I would also recommend exchanging it if it is auto-powering itself off.
With the battery life though, the first 3 or 4 days I had mine, I let the battery drain almost down to nothing and then let it fully charge over night now I'm getting almost 16 to 18 hours out of it If I dont really use it that much. If I'm using it alot, I can get anywhere from 8 to 12 hours.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones