Help!! Application Orange HomescreenSupport

Last Updated:

1. lilygran

lilygran New Member

I have the following message on my San Francisco phone:

Sorry! The Application Orange Homescreen( stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. (Force Close).

I cannot get past this message to use my phone, has any one any solution to this.

2. lfc4ever

lfc4ever Well-Known Member

Did you ever install a custom or stock rom at all?

Did you ever back up what was on your phone previous to this error message?

And you could read this thread to see if it helps:

The phone is down - Android @ MoDaCo
    lilygran likes this.
  3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

u should be able to just force close it m8. what happens when u reboot the phone?
    its a crap homescreen anyway? if u can get rid of that message u should just uninstall orange homescreen.
    all the orange apps infact
    lilygran likes this.
  4. De@n

De@n Well-Known Member

You should definitely install a custom rom *cough cyanogenmod cough*
    lilygran likes this.
  5. lilygran

lilygran New Member

many thanks lfc4ever, you were a life saver yesterday, i managed to sort my phone using info from the link you sent me. i just have the standard phone, but sometimes it has a mind of its own. can't wait till its out of its warranty so i can take all the orange rubbish off it. i was so disappointed with orange when i rang them, firstly they said i hadn't bought the phone from them, and then said because it was over 6 mths old i would have to ring ZTE and sort the problem myself, although it was obviously a orange problem. i did have a blank message from an unknown sender don't know if that started the problem.

to everyone who replied many thanks, i don't think i explained properly initially that although i could force close the message, when i rebooted it came straight on a again.

as i said earlier i will def. be taking the orange stuff off the phone next month, when its out of warranty. but i will def. be following this forum closely, as the help from you guys has been great. :)
  6. lfc4ever

lfc4ever Well-Known Member

So remind me, what use is your warranty after reading back what you wrote? :p

imo, and prob many others, you have nothing to lose by debranding and getting used to a custom rom, once you have done it once you will wonder why you waited so long to do it in the first place, and it improves the phone 10 fold :)
    funkylogik likes this.
  7. manilvajl

manilvajl New Member

I have the same problem can anybody please send me the link to fix this thanks
  8. ms9

ms9 New Member

You cant do any thing about it ,but you can download golauncher ex from android market.Then you can download themes.I had that problem too.