Help applying November update

Last Updated:

1. irishjoeyo

irishjoeyo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My phone is currently rooted and it was done using unrEVOked. I did not apply any custom ROMS; the only change I made was moving the Amazon and VZ Navigator apps.

I selected the option to reboot and install the update when I was prompted to do so, but it just became stuck at a screen that said "Rebooting..." and it never changed. I powered it off and then back on, but the update never applied. I have not been prompted to install the update since then.

I would like to apply the November update using the easiest method. If I have to unroot it, I don't care because root access isn't that important to me. I have read these instructions, but they're incomplete as they don't show you how to actually perform the steps listed, specifically step #1.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Do you have Tasker, System Monitor, SetCPU, AutoMemoryManager, or Widget Locker? If not, there is nothing TO do for step #1.

irishjoeyo likes this.
  3. irishjoeyo

Thank you, euph_22. No, I do not have any of those apps. From the instructions, I could not tell if they were third-party apps or standard apps/settings I wasn't familiar with.

4. irishjoeyo

Do you, or does anyone else, know what steps 10.a and 10.c are referring to? They say, "Start with arrow out of a box and flash a few times" and "Start with circle/down arrows and thermometer this time, respectively, but I don't understand what either of them means.

5. Kyleinstyle

Kyleinstyle Active Member

That's what you will see on the phone as it goes through the update/reboot process.

irishjoeyo likes this.
  6. irishjoeyo

OK, so I continued with steps 11, 12, and 13. After I deleted update.zip from the SD card, renamed the Clockwork file and copied it to the root of the SD and powered down, I can no longer boot up my phone. I did Power+Vol Up and it vibrated 3 times, then nothing. Did a battery pull...same thing. I'm a little concerned at this point.

EDIT

I did another battery pull and I am able to power it up normally, but Power+Vol Up no longer works.

EDIT #2

OK, so I misunderstood the instructions and I was able to apply the Clockwork update. The instructions really are not very clear.

7. jager1313

jager1313 Member

What happens if you do not load all the "crapware" back in?

I used TI Backup to uninstall a lot of things... and I dont remember which.

I also may have deleted City ID permanently.

8. irishjoeyo

From my understanding, the update will fail if you don't have the stock apps loaded. I could be wrong, but that's my understanding. I re-loaded them back on and it installed just fine.