• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help appreciated. (safe mode)

rantyr

Jun 7, 2011
I'll start with the tl;dr version: Stuck in safe mode. Read 1,2 and 3 to help!

Story-mode:
I need to use old optimus M while my esteem gets repaired.Dropped this phone in the toilet about a year ago(great story, just not for here). I did the rice thing and all worked well for about 48 hours.

Then my phone started booting into safemode randomly. Now it only boots if I hit the camera, search or menu keys when it's booting. Otherwise it just sits on the white LG screen.

My phone is rooted and when I got into the "push a button and I'll tell you which keypress I'm registering" mode in CWM, it tells me that if I push search, menu or camera I'm actually pushing two buttons. I understand this is the result of water damage, please don't point that out.

So Is there a way to:

1) remap/disable keys from CWM (can't install apps and do it unless someone knows a way to get an app to register as a system app that I haven't tried)

2) fix this issue that doesn't involve further submersion in various liquids

3) force the phone to ignore the safe mode boot option

Thank you all for your time and (hopefully) your advice. It is much appreciated

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones