Help appreciated!?

Last Updated:

1. Jaymac

Jaymac New Member This Topic's Starter

I recently just got a LG Eve from rogers. With it came a whole bunch of preinstalled apps like telenav gps, moxier mail, myspace, facebook, shopping, ebay and a bunch of other apps I don't want cluttering up my phone. However there is no option whatsoever to uninstall them? If I download and install an application I can uninstall it, but cannot uninstall any that were preinstalled.

Also in the browser, myspace, facebook, twitter, ebay and about 7 other bookmarks are there that I cannot remove. Again if I add my own I can remove it.

This is frustrating me and I'm just curious if anyone knows how to remove these. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. GreatBigDog

GreatBigDog Well-Known Member

If you go into settings - applications - manage applications, you should be able to remove them.

3. Jaymac

Thanks for the help, but there is no option to remove any preinstalled applications. The only option I have is to clear data.

But if I install an app myself, and go into manage apps, select it I have an option to uninstall it.

It is the exact same way with bookmarks in my browser. If I long click on a bookmark I put in there, I have an option to delete it. If I long click on a preinstalled bookmark there is no option to delete it.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I find it so aggravating I cannot remove any of these.

4. yycken

yycken Well-Known Member

those custom apps are part of the Rogers'ized rom....can't be deleted

if you want a phone without them then root (at your own discretion)

5. GreatBigDog

GreatBigDog Well-Known Member

Has the EVE even been rooted yet? If so do you have a link that you could supply.

gbd

6. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

While you can't remove a few of the apps without root you can delete the desktop icons and arrange to your liking. You can remove any or all of the bookmarks and add your own. At least that's how my Magic works.

7. Jaymac

Thanks for the replies! Unfortunately the bookmarks or apps can't be removed. I did however remove them from my home screen.