1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

help, before i do something stupid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. auginiste

auginiste New Member

well, to start.

i don't want to root my phone. but odds are against me. i need superuser to play the game that i want to.. (a lot of people say i don't need to root my phone to get that tho)

so here rises the question. what would happen if i install superuser on my non-rooted phone?

thanks a bunch for the future response!

Advertisement
    :
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Nothing. Superuser is installed by rooting. And you don't need root to play ANY game. You just need to pay.

EDIT: You can totally correct me though by posting a game link. The only games I know that require root to play are pirated ones.
  3. auginiste

auginiste New Member

well, okay. i just wanted to ask what happens when i install SuperUser to a non-rooted phone. that would be all. and yes, thank you very much for taking your time tending to my needs. :D

so yeah, as i've read you said nothing. so if i install it, i can still uninstall it. is that right?
  4. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

What game needs superuser in order to play it?
  5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Nothing will happen, and it won't work. As far as I know, Superuser is installed in the process of rooting, so installing it still won't make your game work. Superuser is just the root interface asking you if you want to give an app superuser access. Basically ROOT=SUPERUSER APP. You can't have Superuser app if you're not rooted.
  6. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

I agree with chanchan. I don't know of any game, unless pirated (which we don't discuss here) that requires root permissions to run.

The superuser app itself is used in conjunction with the superuser .zip which most, if not all custom roms have baked in. In order to install a custom rom, you need to root, but that point is moot as games dont require root.
  7. Prepaidguy9081

Prepaidguy9081 Well-Known Member

With power cones responsibility. Be responsable, pay what you owe for the apps you use, after all if you fix my car you want to be paid right? Or should I just steal your hard work.

Coming from a formor pirate, and im unemployed and broke and I still manage to donate to forums and spend a few dollars on apps.

Also if someone was to take the time to make a pirated app, how much u wanna bet they want payed for their time too and arnt sniffing for your bank apps info? Hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
  8. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

^^^ agree to all the above posts.

so what game? i am rooted.. i want to play it.

"help, before i do something stupid"
    answer: DONT DO IT
    you're welcome
  9. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

If the game requires superuser permission I would be very cautious into using it. Who knows what it needs.
  10. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

That is def a red flag
  11. palmtree5

palmtree5 Sunny Vacation Supporter! Moderator

I agree. It could be sending all of your personal info to somebody in some random place who doesn't have your best interests in mind
  12. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

auginiste, I'm not aware of any game that would require root to be played unless it was obtained through nefarious means.

Regardless, as has been pointed out, you can't use SuperUser without root anyway.

I'll lock this thread, but if that's off the mark and we're all mistaken, drop me a PM with a link to the game on Play and I'll reopen the thread. :)
    EarlyMon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.