Help! Bricked.forgot to enable usb debugging before rooting! T_T

Last Updated: 2015-02-01 22:49:25
  1. logstt

logstt New Member

Hi guys! I made a huge mistake! I started rooting without activating the usb debugging option! then it froze after the 1st step (downgrading) and I unplugged the cord...now it won't turn on... flashing orange light... I'm wondering if I can do anything from a PC??
    very appreciate your help!!

Advertisement
  2. logstt

logstt New Member

I'm able to get in hboot, I tried to factory reset, but it went back to black screen...
  3. logstt

logstt New Member

Never mind! I got it! XD
    Thank you for those older posts!! Android Forums!!
  4. enyin

enyin New Member

Hi guys! I also made a huge mistake by not activating activating the usb debugging option! now the phone won't come on. it only vibrates
  5. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

it would be nice if previous authors would post the fix,rather than just "i fixed it!" so that others finding the trheads in the future would benefit.

i would start by running the ruu for your current fimrware:
    FileFactory Premium

place your phone in "fastboot" (select from hboot menu) and then run the above .exe file. follow the onscreen directions. :)
    Lordvincent 90, ral and Brian706 like this.
  6. Daleec

Daleec New Member

Thank you Scotty85! The download is slow for "free" users, but the file and your directions worked great.

I had the same problem with a black screen after trying to unlock my phone. The first phone (same kind) I unlocked and rooted juust fine with Hack Ace, but guess I was tired and ended up with a black screen on the second one. After loading the RUU you linked it is back to original. Now I will try again. At least I know how to get out of trouble the next time :D.

Many thanks!
  7. AwesomeRomeo

AwesomeRomeo Member

First and foremost, let me apologize for maybe posting in a wrong thread or forum. Please my HTC T528w got bricked by ifont (Barbie.ttf) it got stucked on boot and USB debugging was not enabled before the brick ( I can boot to recovery and the device is s-off) Please how can I unbrick it? Thanks.
  8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Did you install a custom recovery?

Did you make a nandroid backup at some point?
  9. AwesomeRomeo

AwesomeRomeo Member

I didn't installed custom recovery and make nandroid backup before the brick but the device was rooted. Thanks
  10. EarlyMon

11. AwesomeRomeo

AwesomeRomeo Member

The site directed me to another site to download the official stock ROM of my device. But when I clicked to open the site to download the ROM I got 404 error page not found. Please any other altanative? Thanks.
  12. EarlyMon

Yep, go to the XDA thread and ask them what happened to it or does anybody else have it.