HELP! Bricked Incredible

Last Updated: 2012-07-26 12:56:32
  1. perry475

perry475 Member

I received my Incredible today (used from ebay) I decided to put cm7 on it. Unknown to me you have to downgrade the phone to root it, I assumed after I installed clockwork recovery the phone was rooted. I tried to install cm7 and now my phone is bricked. I can access hboot, fastboot, and cm recovery.

Please help!

Advertisement
  2. alsaces daddy

alsaces daddy Well-Known Member

If you can get to cwm then do a factory reset. Clear cache, and dalvik cache.

This should bring you back to stock and clear anything you messed up. If not then, PM me and we will find you a zip to flash in cwm.
  3. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

I would say your best bet is to try a stock based ROM and try again i will let alsace assist you further :D
  4. perry475

perry475 Member

Any stocked based roms are dead links so far. My phone isn't rooted by the way. I really really really need help! hahha
  5. StarScream2109

Okay so wait.... Your flashing cm7 without root?
  6. perry475

perry475 Member

Not intentionally. I assumed my phone was rooted after using unrevoked, but I didn't know the phone had to be downgraded to froyo before it could be rooted.
  7. StarScream2109

Okay im going to do a bit of research to help you out :) can you tell me what it was running before you tried to flash cm7 was it GB? Or ICS?
  8. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Hey, I moved this to the All Things Root section. Thanks for understanding. :)
  9. perry475

perry475 Member

Yeah... I didn't really know where to post anything haha, thanks for the correction

And I tried flashing it to cm7 ginger bread. I've looked everywhere, apparently no one is as dumb as I am
  10. perry475

perry475 Member

it was running Gingerbread
  11. StarScream2109

Im very glad you got the issue resolved :D
  12. alsaces daddy

alsaces daddy Well-Known Member

Sorry about the late post. My gang got you covered though. We aren't exactly too familiar with this phone as of yet, but as you can see we are eager to help you! I hope all is well and remember.. If you have any more questions or concerns.. Read and the POST IT! Someone will always be here to answer your questions.

Never be afraid to ask! Happy androiding!
  13. Rachel A

Rachel A Well-Known Member

Think this is for the original Incredible, not the new 4G LTE one...
  14. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

if your phone had a custom recovery on it,it prolly was "rooted"

pull your batter for a few seconds,then boot to hboot via power and vol down. hold them both until you get to a white screen with colored writing.

tell us the info you see there.

the main thing your looking for is "S-OFF". if you see that you dont need a complex downgrade and re-root procedure.