• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] HELP! Bricked my S4!!(SPH-L720)(Sprint)

commando933

Lurker
Jan 30, 2014
Okay, so this is the problem,
I rooted my phone about 2 weeks ago and havent really had any problems with it until I tried to wifi tether it, so I went on QBKing's website for getting a custom hotspot (QbKing77 | Your Tech Simplified) and since Im new to rooting and things like that, I didnt remember to download a custom recovery mod, now since I've copied the services.jar and services.odex as he requested, and when I went to reset my phone, it was stuck on the yellow sprint screen! I've tried factory resetting my phone through recovery mode, removed the battery, and have reset it tons of times, please help!

PS. Im very new to galaxy s4s and rooting, so I dont really know what 'flashing a kernel' or so means, please explain thoroughly, Thanks!

OK, so I downloaded many stock roms for my phone, but when connected to odin, every single one of them said FAIL when the download begun, I've even looked at about 5 tutorials on youtube, I've tried connecting it to various usb ports on my laptop, computer, and two of my friend's computers, and YES, I have downloaded the driver software so odin reads it perfectly, I've tried using it on odin 3.0.7 and 1.8.5, Maybe I'm just downloading the wrong software, I have jellybean 4.3, If that changes anything, any ideas?
Thanks!

Upvote 0
OK, so I downloaded many stock roms for my phone, but when connected to odin, every single one of them said FAIL when the download begun, I've even looked at about 5 tutorials on youtube, I've tried connecting it to various usb ports on my laptop, computer, and two of my friend's computers, and YES, I have downloaded the driver software so odin reads it perfectly, I've tried using it on odin 3.0.7 and 1.8.5, Maybe I'm just downloading the wrong software, I have jellybean 4.3, If that changes anything, any ideas?
Thanks!

The likely reason Odin is failing is because it detects that the ROM is not stock, because you did the hotspot mod, etc. Do the factory reset through the recovery immediately before trying to Odin over the 4.3 ROM. Don't try any rom older than 4.3, it will fail.

You still can't past the yellow screen, I take it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones