• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP! Bricked phone without backup :(

I'm getting the same message as stated here. Seems my original problem is coming from an app called addfree. I can't uninstall it, it keeps reinstalling itself when I reboot my phone. i'm trying to use fastboot to restore my phone but i'm getting a mesage that says the program can't start because AdbWinApi.dll is missing. try reinstalling to fix the problem..

I'm hoping someone can help so I don't have to go to verizon and give up my unlimited data plan today. :(

Upvote 0
Sometimes rsdlite won't work and then it works for no explain reason. I would try it again with possibly a new download of the fxz file you are using. What file are you using?

You can also take this zip which has adb (windows way to communicate with your phone) in it and unzip it into the same folder that you have moto fastboot and the fxz file in. Then run the fastboot commands again. http://dc453.4shared.com/download/pTc8u2Mo/SDK_tools.zip

Upvote 0
i'm so confused. I got it to boot, and its back to the same old problems that I was having. Phone was not reset. Everytime I restart the phone the alarm turns on for friday at 2PM as well as the adfree app is back. seems my problem is the adfree app is blocking some applications it shouldn't......I guess I'll try the process again on my laptop this time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones