Help: Bricked? Phone

1. jjack12

jjack12 New Member

I recently tried SOC on my Gzone commando. However something must of failed because it will no longer turn on. It will get to the Gzone loading screen, go black then restart.
    Any insight on how to get it working again

Advertisement
  2. rjglenn

rjglenn Well-Known Member

Probably no fixing a brick unless you have the recovery installed and saved a nandroid. If so you can call recovery with adb. Connect your computer, use the command string "adb wait-for-device reboot recovery". If not, Call Verizon, play dumb. You don't know what happened. Things like "I don't know", " What does that mean", and "Not that I know of" are real good answers to probing questions.
  3. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

Is it possible to install recovery after the point he reached, then do a factory reset?
  4. rjglenn

I don't think so. ADB will only work for about 5 seconds as the phone goes through a loop. I've already tried with my brick that I keep around to remind me to be careful. I just can't type fast enought and leave enough time for it to install. I wish there was a way to make the phone stop but if there is I do not know what it is.
  5. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

Write a script to quickly install it through adb shell.... ? I used to know this stuff like 10 years ago.
  6. rjglenn

The problem is the length of time for the command to run. You only have a few seconds and then it all starts over.
  7. paxchristos

paxchristos Well-Known Member

If you hit the up arrow in command prompt, it recalls the last command you typed in...
  8. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

so the problem is the time it takes to install recovery is too long? And the boot loop starts over before recovery is in place?

Also the link to the recovery zip is a dead link.
  9. rjglenn

I'm going to mess with this some tomorrow. It would be nice to have a working, wiped, deactivated commando on 2.2.1 to play with.