Help!!! Bricked Proclaim?Support

Last Updated:

1. kanuga

kanuga New Member This Topic's Starter

OK so back story first...

My little sister dropped her phone yesterday and the touch screen would not work AT ALL, nor the soft keys (home search etc) so i tried to boot it into recovery mode to see if that would fix it. The phone would go to the recovery menu i could scroll through the options with the volume key but I couldn't select recovery with the power button (b/c soft keys are dead too)

Problem: So I started doing random stuff (rooted, tried to load some roms, tried to load stock image through odin etc...) Well something I did didn't go over well and now odin won't pick the phone up so I can't re-flash the stock kernel. When I try to boot the phone it gives me the firmware upgrade failure restart screen.

Question: With the phone pretty much bricked what options do I have besides sending off to be looked at?
    I was looking for drivers to get it into apx/nvflash but I cant get it to go into apx mode to even do that. So I'm stuck and would love some help.

Advertisement
  2. hitoim

hitoim New Member

press and hold power and volume down once in download mode plug in phone after odin is open and pda file is loaded

3. DarkJedi

DarkJedi Well-Known Member

If all else fails, try sending it back to Samsung for exchange/repair. Don't say what happened... just that it stopped working. They've surprised a lot of Samsung Galaxy Prevail users by fixing obviously hacked/damaged phones for free from time to time. (No promises though).