• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP!BRICKED

I might buy a new Volt 2,
I am even thinking of the LG G Stylo. I kinda like it.
in fact, i almost just bought it an hour ago, but figured I better
read about it first.

I was at Best Buy, no Volt 2's, and the LG G Stylo has Marshmallow 6.0

But I just read that you cannot ROOT the LG G Stylo with Marshmallow 6.0 boost mobile
Without BRICKING THE PHONE COMPLETELY.

Any insights?
You can root but anything with messing with files within system will brick it. To be safe stay of ZV5(5.1.1) because that's safer to root and if you brick it you don't have to send it in

Upvote 0
Downloaded installed and ran kingroot back in January for about a week. Got scared I might brick my phone so I thought I uninstalled it but I kept seeing it in my file explorer as "disabled" so it must still have been in there somewhere. Anyway, my phone was running fine so I left well enough alone... Here I am months later, surfing the web on my phone and it shuts itself off! So I power it on and the LG boot screen pops up as always, only this time it also has the words SECURITY ERROR and at the bottom in small print in parentheses it says (authentication fail #9) ... I'm positive it's bricked and I don't have any backup files of that particular phone I tried to put it in "emergency mode" but it still goes to the same boot loop saying security error. I do have a 2nd LG volt 2 but it's the wifes. I need as much help and advice from you guys as I can get to either reverse or completely fix my phone! I'm limited with Internet access meaning I do have a comp but it's not hooked to the Internet, I can use the comp to transfer files but the only internet I have to download with is with the wifes boost phone. PLEASE HELP!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones