Help bypassing frozen screen lock on Galaxy S IIISupport

1. YakAttack

YakAttack New Member

Co Worker's Galaxy S III will not respond as far as the screen is concerned. No damage, buttons work, just nothing on the screen functions. Says "No Sync" allowed. She has tons of photos on the phone memory of her 3 month old daughter she desperately wants.

I connect via USB and though the phone icon pull sup on My Computer, when I open it, it's blank (no Phone drive).

I tried Kies but says it's locked, and to unlock the screen which I cannot do.

Thought of using abd to gain access but not familiar with developer tools or if it would even help.

Any way to gain access to the internal memory of the phone to pull her info before I hard reset it?

Thank you!

Advertisement
    :
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

i moved you to the s3 forums, folks here more familiar with your phone should be able to help you out better.

the pictures should be saved to the sd card. can you take the sd card out and use a card reader to pull this pics out?
  3. YakAttack

YakAttack New Member

Thank you for the move; I think it will get better results. She had the camera set to phone memory, so everything that was done recently (last couple of months) are in the internal. I pulled the SD and put it in my reader and she saw pics and vids, but from a while back. It's a tough situation; really don't want to hard reset yet until I have exhausted everything I can think of. Just wish either

1) Kies had a way to read the drive while screen is locked
    2) Unlock screen in another manner
    3) Figure out a way for the USB connection actually read the drive (with mine it works fine showing the Phone drive; hers is blank).

I'll keep pressing on, but thanks again!
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

yeah unfortunately i do not know much about your phone. hopefully someone here might be able to help more then i can.

good luck