• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help help: can my texts and emails be sent to another phone?

Is he just saying this? Or is it true?

Yes, there are apps out there that will send a person every text you get. Emails are a little tougher, but he could just have your password.

Also, it would help if you gave us some more information. What phone, what network, what android version, are you rooted... also, are there any apps on your phone thqat you dont recognize?

Upvote 0
I have a evo4g on sprint not rooted. he said he had my security question answers and info from email. I don't see any new apps. what app would he have to do this
Unless you backed up your texts somewhere, or they're stored via cloud, I do not believe there is a way for him to see your texts without physically having the phone (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

E-mail would depend on the service, I'd assume. What e-mail are you referring to? Gmail? Outlook?

Upvote 0
Wow that is crazy.

Is it your GMail and Google Calender which he is able to hack?

Go to GMail on your computer, on the top right corner, click on Settings and then click on Mail Settings. Then click on "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" and see if there is a forwarding address.

As far as Calender goes, go on calendar.google.com and on the left under "Other Calendars" see if there are any suspicious calendars on there.

Upvote 0
Setting up reminders on your google calender is as easy as having your google password and doing it online from a pc, my wife and I share the same calander and access it from our respective computers. The same would apply to your gmail account, with your password he could check it from any computer. I would change your passwords after your wipe/ factory reset. Good luck.

Upvote 0
you can sort it out in 2 steps.

1. controlling access: he possibly has an app on your phone which is communicating with his device, feeding him smses, allowing him remote control of your device. Go through your app drawer and delete every app that you do not use. We all have them. Chances are, if this is the case, you'll get rid of it. Another option is that he's reading your emails and setting reminders all through your gmail account. Change your password. Last thing...it sounds like your boyfriend is accessing your information without your consent. attempt to get any kind of hard proof or evidence that he is accessing your stuff. and then lay a charge at your local police station.

2. Err.. dump the 4sshole?

Luck to you. Sounds like a difficult situation.

Upvote 0
Yea, I have seen SMS replicator apps. But I have NEVER heard of an app that gives someone remote control over a phone. And if it was true, and you could see him doing things on your screen, you could have just turned the phone off.

droid VNC server will give anyone with a VNC client to remotely access your phone. You basically see the phone screen on your PC and can interact with it via mouse. But you should be able to find this app on your phone and uninstall it, assuming he put VNC server on your phone (which i doubt, since it's a root-only app).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones