help cancelling autosuggestions?Support

Last Updated:

1. depthcharge

depthcharge New Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 17, 2010
    Okay...maybe I missed something, but is there a way I can cancel autosuggestions when typing? Examples:

So this example happened to me frequently before 2.2, but I haven't been able to reproduce it now. I'm trying to search for "wifi" in google, so I type "wifi". The first autosuggestion is "wifi android n router", because that's one of my past searches. "wifi" alone is NOT a suggestion. If I hit enter it'll search for the whole phrase. I don't see any way to get just what I typed to be submitted to the search. I press the little down arrow in the suggestions box, but all that comes up is a bunch of other searches, urls, but nothing that says just "wifi".

Another example, today I was doing one of those captcha things. I type in the nonsense letters in the picture, and Android suggests similar words. This time, the nonsense word was on the list. But if I click it, bam, it adds to my dictionary. If I don't, there's no way to get out of autosuggest -- I tried hiding the keyboard (without hitting enter), but that changed my typing to the first suggestion.

Overall this is a pretty frustrating I missing something really obvious, or is this a common frustration? I tried googling but haven't had much luck.

Thanks in advance.

Incredible 2.2 woot!

2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Apr 11, 2010
    menu-settings-language and keyboard-touch input-text input