• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help - cannot make any calls and have no idea what to do

Help!! For some strange reason I cannot make any calls with my Incredible all of a sudden - I cannot even reach my voice mail. Every time I try to dial out there is about 10 seconds of silence followed by beeps and then the message on screen says "Network Status: The network is busy. Please try again later." The problem started this morning and I haven't been able to make any calls since then. I have a great network signal (3-4 bars) and I can check email, surf the web and everything. I am not aware of any update that might have caused this. Any ideas on what I should do?

Man, that is strange. I'm not sure if this would work, but if it were my phone and if I got frustrated enough, I think I'd try this for kicks:

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Dialer > Clear Data

Again, not sure it would do anything but I can't believe it would hurt much and it's the only native app I can find that allows any user interface AND seems to have to do with calling.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones