HELP! Can't access Android Market

Last Updated:

1. Michelle666

Michelle666 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my phone since yesterday. Been using the Market fine. As of 1pmish today I can't seem to access it. I keep getting an error message "ACCESS BLOCKED Sorry, your wireless account does not have permission to access this application"

I selected more info, and it sent me to T-Mobile content lock (Age 18+)
    I called Tmobile and had it turned off, but its still not working!

Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Check content lock is def off in your my t-mobile acct. Also clear browser cache.

3. Cruden

Cruden Well-Known Member

I have a similar problem just after upgrading, but i cannot access internet at all, no 3g

4. slatyford

slatyford Well-Known Member

I have had this on a few occasions and find rebooting the phone fixes the problem

5. Michelle666

yep, i switched it off and all is working again!!!

kilnageer likes this.
  6. ArthurTheAndroid

ArthurTheAndroid New Member

Have been having this problem as well.

Tried T-Mobile's 1818 number several times but it always fails right at the end (after they have collected your credit card details), have tried their 150 number but just got sent round in the circles of their automated menu system (it suggests calling 1818) and was unable to get an actual answer at all.

Content lock is an important thing of course but T-Mobile's efforts to make it work seem to be an absolute shambles. Perhaps changing supplier may be the answer.

7. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Wait 5 mins after the successful message, then reboot and the lock should be off.

8. Michelle666

I called 150 and all was sorted. Think I turned off phone to restart

9. Bren_D

Bren_D Member

Exactly the same thing happened to me this week, for some reason the content lock on T seems to be switched on a couple of days after accounts are connected.

Easy enough to turn off and I can see why the block would be of use for PAYG accounts, but what is the point with contracts? If they are sure enough we are over 18 to allow us to take them out in the first place, why block certain content? I'm sure there aren't enough contracts taken out for minors to justify switching them on. Why not save us the hassle of turning them back off?

10. azz

azz Well-Known Member

t-mobile can be a pain, especially getting through to them and when you do its some americans that dont know whats happening,but if you insist on getting through then, here is how to do it quick and simple, go through to top up menu and input it wrong 2 or 3 times it will then put you through to someone, they say they charge 25p or something but if you are on pay and go and have no credit it still goes through. hope this helps :)