• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help! Can't boot my phone

Sidders81

Lurker
Jan 20, 2012
I have an HTC Desire, which I stupidly dropped in a bucket of water the other day. I dried it out and it has since been working, but ever since it kept doing strange things like repeatedly turning the volume all the way down and turning itself off for no apparent reason. It's almost as though the buttons are getting stuck.

Anyway, after randomly turning itself off, it now will not turn on, or at least will turn on but will not boot. It is stuck at what looks like a BIOS screen, which says:

BRAVO PVT3 SHIP S-ON
H-BOOT-0.93.0001
MICROP-051D
TOUCH PANEL-SYNW0101
RADIO-5.10.05.30
Aug 10 2010,17:52:18

HBOOT

<VOL UP> to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
CLEAR STORAGE
SIMLOCK

None of the buttons are doing anything, and when I press the volume buttons or power button, nothing is scrolling.

Is there anything I can do? Or is my phone now a brick?

its dead, mainly because you didnt turn it off for long enough.
water is extremely corrosive. its advised to power off imediately, take out battery and coover and place in a bagof uncooked rice for 24-48hrs before doing anything as this will draw out the water.
if its been getting worse it means water has got into the switches and corroded the connectors. this is a dead device, sorry

Reactions: SUroot
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones